Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh Neglected Audience!

I am truly sorry that you have become so neglected these past couple of weeks. We have gotten immensely busy these last couple of weeks and are turning in projects at a rapid pace. We have drawings due Wednesday, otherwise there is little left to discuss except for my studio project, which is farther ahead than expected at this point in time. The video at the bottom is footage that is being added to our movie about the Trastevere neighborhood.

On a more interesting note, we had our workshop with Roma Tre architecture students Friday and Saturday. It was a very interesting time and included many language barriers and time constraints. Getting an entire project done planned and drawn up in around 12 hours is just incredibly frenetic. I really learned a lot of Italian words and became fairly good at understanding what was going on through listening and the drawings we were making. I happened to be grouped with 3 Italian students; Francesca, Giulia, and Alessandro. It was a very good learning experience, and I made some friends doing it too. I do regret that this did not happen at the beginning of the semester because we then would have had better practice at learning Italian as well as meeting new people outside of our program in design.

I am not looking at the right camera here. Drew had my camera and took the picture while another student took one for my group members... Yeah... Otherwise on the left is Francesca and in the middle is Giulia. Alessandro left before we took the picture so unfortunately he is not included here.

Our project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment