Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yet Another Rainy Day in Rome...

More rain here in the eternal(ly rainy) city. It is a good thing though because we have a lot to do with our programming review coming up on Monday. Our reviewers are judging us on ideas for the development of the site, with prizes awarded to the top three groups. The winner of the project will have their criteria and site used as the final criteria for our last project after we get back from spring break. Lots of pressure!!!

In other news, I have been doing well and have enjoyed my classes immensely. Our neighborhood touring course finished its last tour this week and we only have a few art/architecture history courses left before the end of the semester. Time is moving way to fast! Once these courses are finished up we will only have studio and drawing to carry us to the end of the semester. So I will end up spending a great deal more time at my desk working on projects to end the semester. Thank goodness I have spring break first or I don't think I would be able to make it!

We are preparing to take our final field trip here in Italy. We are traveling North to the cities of Verona (the setting of Romeo and Juliet, even though the entire story is made up and Shakespeare never actually left England to visit it) as well as the sinking city of Venice (as seen in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade plus The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.) Both are beautiful places to visit and I will be sure to post lots of pictures of my adventures there.

After that we have our spring break. Right now Drew Thorson and I are planning on going to London right away to do things in England while staying with his friends he has in town there. After several days under the rule of the Queen we are planning on going to some other central European city on the way back to Rome just to make our trips shorter and cheaper. I will try and let you know the full itinerary when we actually know what is happening ourselves.

That is all! Arrivaderci!

No comments:

Post a Comment