Monday, February 28, 2011

The Vatican in Pictures

Good Day! I think I have the picture thing figured out... We shall see. Enjoy!

Swiss Guard

St. Peter's head and hand on Augustus' body.

Crypt of the popes, The latest crypt (JP2) of the last pope wasn't photo-able.

Yeah. It's big.

One of the Ninja Turtles made this. The orange one, Michelangelo.

The last thing the previous pope did was refill the doorway of the holy year in the Vatican. It is only opened during holy years and then closed immediately again. 

This is over St. Peter's grave. 10 stories tall inside of this place, and it still does not get close to the top.

The alter piece by Bernini


Tis another ninja turtle!!! This time it was Raphael, the red one.














1 comment:

  1. I love the statue dude pointing from the face of the building. "The besta pizza; itsa right over thera".
    I've never gotten a feeling for how tall the ceiling is in St. Peters from all of the Christmas and easter services I have seen on TV. Thanks for the pictures.
    Did you see the "Last Supper" while in Florence? I thought you went to the church where it is painted.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete