Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Long Walk Home Due to a Busy Mind

It's that time of year everyone!!! Free time is nearly gone. Truly the last of it shalt be squandered here in mere days before the crazy mess of studio work overtakes my life. Enough of the future, it is not determined by any sort of ballyhoo-ery that I make at this instance.

Fall has hit the gorgeous ISU campus!!! Trees are changing colors and my favorite time of year is upon us!!! FALLLL!!! (with four llll's) I am improving greatly in each of my Spanish classes, probably due to a greater degree of immersion than in years past. This is one thing I learned in Italy. You learn a new language real quick once you are forced to use it, and it is difficult and embarrassing to make mistakes in common situations. The other day I answered a question right, but later in class could not understand what my teacher was asking me whilst checking for homework. He was just asking my last name... Yeah...

We have one of our site models done and dusted, but it is only the smaller of the two pieces that we need to make for our final presentation in December. Lots more laser cutting and assembly and glueing to go. My group is just starting to make conceptual models about our site and we are slightly behind where I want us to be, which is ahead of the other groups in the class.

In more disheartening news I have to redo my student website because my teacher neglected to tell us that we needed to use HTML coding instead of Flash coding while making it. Guess which one I chose? I spent a lot of time on it making a rather handsome and well thought out page that is now useless because ISU's computer labs can't handle the file. So now I have to redo it all by next Tuesday... And he just told me that today. (Various explitives here...) Good thing is that I am living with Drew and he is an HTML wizard, so I already have some bones to flesh out. Unfortunately I still need to get some more coding in to make the site work more efficiently and look good too, because the things we were taught in class look like websites did back when Clinton was still President (long time ago in the Internet years.)

Anyways, I have two models I want to make tonight plus two poems to read and analyze in another language... So long for now! There shalt be more on Thursday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment