Thursday, October 6, 2011

Heroic Intervention!!!

Nothing that dramatic has happened since I last posted, despite the overly dramatic title to this post. I finished my webpage and submitted it. Plus I finished reading a course book at 2am last night and took the test 6 hrs later... And I think I did really well. It is okay if I didn't though because our teacher handed out a course packet worth half of the test grade in extra credit. Now I am back in studio hashing out rough floor plans for tomorrow and the massive work weekend. (WOOT ALL WEEKEND IN STUDIO!!!) Our schematic design is due (albeit in an operable and changeable state to a "certain degree") on Monday and we have only really hashed out a building form and urban plan for our site. I think the urban planning idea we have cooked up actually legitimizes our construction of the symphony center on the big dig project. More on that later, after we format some drawings into real presentable things beyond our messy sketches.

Last night I got a free dinner courtesy our sorority pairing for Homecoming. The bought pizza to foster a better working atmosphere for the beginning of blitz build days for Homecoming. I got there and ate early then went to Lowes to get staples and started on the banner I designed earlier this year. I am pretty much moving it along to the color assignment phase then handing it off to kids who have more time to work on it. It is pretty nice to have people want my opinion on stuff and to have people rely on me for something. Plus it is a great time to socialize with cute sorority girls...

The prints of the architectural journal that I contribute to just arrived... I don't think I got printed (because I could not find an ending to my topic article) but I did help a lot of people edit their essays. So I am super excited to read what did get printed out and what student works were included in the journal.

That's pretty much it. Enjoying this fantastic summer weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment