Monday, January 10, 2011

The Walk Home... Trastevere at Dusk

First day of studio... Wow. The old Middle School in Spencer was not in an old building... I learned the meaning of old buildings today. I will have pictures of my scholastic space tomorrow... Needless to say it is distinctly more cultured than the Armory and College of Design. Syllabus day really stinks, plus we recieved a music education for idiots today with a bit of a zen twist to it. It was a very sleep inducing experience to say the least, especially when we did not turn on the lights.

Listed in pictures below are the Isla Tibernica, several views of Trastevere, and one picture of the aforementioned Casa Di Dante. Paul and I double dutied dinner tonight because Cory was getting his luggage from the airport. He and Bradly will be cooking tomorrow. There is also a picture of my six roommates at the beginning of dinner tonight, plus the scrumptious fare that we dined upon this evening.

The next several days will be more exciting in terms of a blog once I get my schedule figured out, and I may dabble in some creative writing just to spice things up a bit... We shall see!!!

Buonanotta America! Once you read this I will be in bed...

Ponte Garibaldi on Trastevere and Isla Tibernica on the way to studio

Walking home Down Trastevere. In the Center of the frame is Dante's House, author of the Divine comedy

Just some regular looking post office

Vialese Trastevere and Portuguense and on the right is some cathedral

The cathedral, one named after a minor saint. It is a mix of Baroque and renaissance architecture

One of the dozen Italian government buildings on Viale Trastevere I pass on my walk.

Dinner. Eggplant, Chicken and sausage with red sauce, noodles and mozzarella... MMM!

Apartment 6: Adam (curly hair), Paul (behind Adam), Mike (the surprised one), John (smiling), and Cory (smiling while sitting down with a hat on)


No comments:

Post a Comment